Soldiers of the Queen (SOTQ) Issue 187
The latest issue of the Victorian Military Society’s SOTQ (Soldiers of the Queen) arrived by post on Saturday, and I managed to read it yesterday.
The articles included in this issue are:
- The Egyptian Army at the Battle of Omdurman, 2 September 1898 by Dr Keith Surridge
- The Fleischer Omdurman Panorama by Professor Ian F W Becken
- Clash of Empires – The 1879 Anglo-Zulu War
- Templar Study Centre at the National Army Museum
- An Irregular Local Corps in the Presidency of Bombay, 1825-100 by David Howell
- Thirty Years with the Colours by Tim Rose
- Index to main topics – Part One (of Three) Soldiers of the Queen (Journal of the Victorian Military Society) by volume number (Volumes 1 – 186)
- Book Reviews by Roger T Stearn and Adrian Greaves
- Officers of the Victorian Military Society
As usual, there was lots to interest anyone with even a passing interest in Britain’s military history of the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. One thing that will be extremely useful to me is the index, and although I do not have access to every copy of SOTQ that has been published, knowing where a particular article is will help me in any research I may wish toi undertake in the future.
The annual cost of membership of the Victorian Military Society is:
- UK: £30.00
- Overseas: £40.00 [except for Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore: £43.00])
As I have written many time before, in my opinion it is well worth it.
Powered by WPeMatico
Dieser Artikel stammt von einer der angeschlossenen Quellen. Bitte honoriere die Arbeit der Autoren indem du ihren Webseite besuchst.
Autor: Robert (Bob) Cordery / Wargaming Miscellany